Job offer - postdoctoral researcher
at the International Centre for Cancer Vaccine Science, University of Gdańsk
PhD degree in bioinformatics/computational biology/ informatics or similar discipline
doctoral degree obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (excluding leaves related to the care and upbringing of children) in an entity other than that in which this position is to be filled or has completed a continuous and documented postdoctoral training of at least 10 months at an institution other than the entity implementing the project and in a country other than the country in which the doctoral degree was obtained;
knowledge of Linux/Unix environment, bash scripting
knowledge of Python and/or R programming
experience on bioinformatic analysis of NGS data (genomics and/or transcriptomics, Illumina mostly)
good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
co-authorship as the first or corresponding author of at least 1 original scientific article published in a journal with Impact Factor
conducting research within the project
performing the analysis of genomic and transcriptomic data (quality control, alignment, variant calling, differential expression)
maintaining and developing of the pipeline dedicated for RNA editing analysis based on REDItools or a similar package
visualization and presentation of the obtained results during internal meetings as well as scientific conferences
publication of the obtained results in scientific journals
other tasks related to scientific activity under the project defined by the project manager
About the project:
The postdoctoral researcher will work within the project: Exploring new roles for ADAR1 in cancer; generation of novel neoantigens, links with p53 and the effects of cancer treatment on ADAR1 activity (editRNA) led by dr Małgorzata Kurkowiak (grant agreement: UMO-2021/03/Y/NZ2/00055). The project is a bilateral cooperation funded by NCN from Poland and GACR from Czech Republic within the funding programme WEAVE-UNISONO. The position offers the opportunity for close collaboration with the research group of Prof. Mary O’Connell from Masaryk University in Brno.
• Employment contract for 30 months. The position is expected to start from 1 December 2022.
Salary before tax & social insurance deductions incl. seniority bonus approx. 7.600 PLN.
• Additional yearly remuneration (so-called “13th salary”) if eligible and according to binding provisions at the University.
• Work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic team.
• Opportunity to collaborate with the research group of Prof. Mary O’Connell from Masaryk University in Brno.
• Presentation of scientific results during scientific conferences.
During receiving remuneration from this project, the candidate shall not receive other remuneration from funds granted as direct costs from research projects financed within NCN competitions; and shall not receive remuneration from another employer based on an employment contract, including an employer based outside
Please note, in case of questions you are encouraged to contact dr Małgorzata Kurkowiak (firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting an application.
Please send the application in English to: email@example.com quoting the reference “editRNA postdoc” in the email’s title until 29 May 2022, 23:59.
Selected candidates will be invited to an (online) interview. The candidates will be selected by a competition committee appointed by the Rector of University of Gdańsk.
Application documents should be prepared as one single PDF document and include:
• a full CV with list of publications
• copy of the PhD diploma
• a letter of motivation explaining your general interest for this position
• name, affiliation, email, and phone number of two referees who can be contacted if necessary
• declaration of the applicant that his work is not financed by other projects of the National Science Center
• Please include the signed statement on the GDPR information clause for this recruitment downloaded from: https://iccvs.ug.edu.pl/work-with-us/open-positions/